CODE OF CONDUCT
CAFÉ is a community-driven event committed to empowering all people in the visual effects and animation industry to thrive. Our anti-harassment policy is essential to fostering a safe, inclusive, and healthy community. As a participant in this event, you are expected to read and understand our Code of Conduct.
We expect all attendees at the event (including CAFÉ employees, moderators, participants, suppliers, sponsors, and speakers) to abide by the principles of this code of conduct.
- Be conscientious, respectful, and cooperative;
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior or speech;
- Be aware of your presence and those of your fellow participants. Alert the conference organizers, members of the staff, and/or volunteers in intervention if you notice an unsafe/inappropriate situation or a person in distress;
- Follow the instructions of any moderator or CAFÉ staff member;
- Follow all applicable laws.
Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Verbal or printed comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, language, religion, or age;
- Sexual imagery or symbols associated with hate groups, either worn or displayed publicly, or in printed materials;
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following;
- Non-consensual photography or recording;
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events;
- Unsolicited physical contact;
- Unsolicited verbal and/or sexual attention;
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior;
- Defamatory comments about other participants, whether they are present or not.
CAFÉ is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, language, religion, or age. We do not tolerate harassment of event participants, staff, volunteers, or affiliates in any form. This includes but is not limited to sexual language and imagery and symbols associated with hate groups, regardless of the intent of their use. Participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the convention without a refund at the conference organizer’s discretion.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior will be required to comply immediately;
- Speakers, sponsors or vendors, venue staff, and all event affiliates are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, speakers should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Staff (including volunteers) should not wear clothing that is not suitable for a professional work environment, that is provocative, or otherwise potentially offensive;
- If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the convention with no refund;
- Event organizers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants;
- We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Convention staff can be identified by their volunteer shirt adorned with CAFÉ’s logo. You can make a report either personally or anonymously. No identifying information about yourself or the offending party is required to make a report. Harassment and other Code of Conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We take your safety and well-being seriously.
You can make a personal report by:
- Calling or messaging this phone number: 438-765-7610.
This phone number will be continuously monitored for the duration of the event and two weeks following the event;
- By contacting a staff member who is present on site.
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. Our team will be happy to help you contact venue security, local law enforcement, and local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
Local law enforcement
Urgency : 911
Non-urgent Call: 514 280-(2222)
Montréal sexual assault center
24 hours telephonic assistance: 514 934-(4504)
Montréal University hospital center (CHUM)
Sexual Violence Helpline
1 888 933-9007
SOS violence conjugale
1 800 363-9010
Interligne (support for LGBTQ+ people, their loved ones, and community)
Les CALACS (Center for relief of sexual assaults)
514 – 355-8064
Taxi COOP : 514 725-(9885)
Taxi Diamond : 514 273-(6331)